Civic + Government
Major investments of public funds should be treated with utmost care and responsibility. The construction of a civic building should demand no less.
From office buildings to public parks, our influential projects respect the urban context and have an enduring presence in their cities.
Our long-standing relationship with the federal government has resulted in a robust portfolio of illustrious civic projects in America and abroad.
We work closely with the client and the community to deliver functional, beautiful, and innovative civic landmarks.
We excel at designing large facilities that meet high-security needs while conveying a strong sense of openness and diplomacy.
- AwardsU.S. Courthouse in Los Angeles Wins Green Good design award
- In the PressSan Bernardino Justice Center Opens Its Doors
- AwardsU.S. Embassy in Beijing Wins National Green Award
- Press ReleaseSOM Presents Vision for Grand Central's Next 100 Years
- In the PressInterview with Stephen Apking: U.S. Census Bureau Interiors
- BrochureU.S. Census Bureau Headquarters