Join SOM's Peter Kindel on Thursday, May 14th, for a panel discussion focused on COVID-19 and its impact on the cities we live in. A group of experts will share observations about their local communities, what we can learn from other cities around the world, and the need to reexamine density, interaction, and proximity of public space as we emerge from isolation in the coming months.
- Allison Arieff, Editorial Director, SPUR; Contributing Writer, The New York Times
- James Rojas, Urban Planner, Community Activist & Artist, Place It!
- Georgia Sarkin, Architect & Urbanist, Principal, SmithGroup
- Maia Small, Architect + Urban Designer, City Design Group, SF Planning Department
- Charles Montgomery, Author, Happy City (moderator)
- Peter Kindel, Director, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (host)
This live Zoom event is co-presented by AIA San Francisco and the AIASF Urban Design & Infrastructure Committee.
Public Space in the Time of COVID-19
May 14, 2020
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.