Memorable architecture of any scale is the product of collaboration and innovation—two forces that, along with our drive for excellence, remain SOM’s defining traditions.
Our strong reputation is based on our ability to translate client aspirations into architecture of both immediate and lasting quality.
From the Burj Khalifa in Dubai to One World Trade Center in New York, we have designed many of the world's most iconic skyscrapers.
An experienced team of designers, technical architects, and managers lead each project, providing the diverse knowledge that is essential to success.
We have won more than 1,700 awards and are the only firm to have twice received the coveted Firm Award from the American Institute of Architects.
- AwardsFour SOM Projects Win Design Awards From AIA Chicago
- In the PressRenovating
510 5th Avenue
- AwardsAl Hamra Named 2014 Commercial Project of the Year
- In The PressOne World Trade Center's First Employees Arrive
- AwardsUrban Land Institute Honors Zuellig With Global Award for Excellence
- ResearchEngineering the World's Tallest Building
- VideoGuinness World Records highlights the Burj Khalifa
- In the PressIntegrating Art and Structure: Cathedral of Christ the Light
- In the PressThe Artistry of
the Cayan Tower
- In the PressGates of Heaven: Changi Airport
- ResearchNature / Structure
- In the PressTransforming Jianianhua Center into a Civic Landmark
- In the PressSOM and Arup Complete JFK's Terminal 4
- In the PressExpanding Research and Teaching in a Single City Block: John Jay College
- AwardsThe Hajj Wins AIA Twenty-five Year Award
- InteractiveTake a Virtual Tour of the Hess Center at Mount Sinai
- In the PressUp, Up, and Away: Supertalls and Innovations in Sustainability
- ResearchParametric Design
- In the PressTransforming the National Museum of American History
- In the PressAn Environmental Success Story at the St. Albans School
- AwardsThe Park Hyderabad Earns Distinction as MIPIM's Best Development
- ResearchPioneering the Supertall Tower
- AwardsU.S. Beijing Embassy Wins National Green Award
- In the PressClassics: The U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Chapel
- In the PressClassics: Yale Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library